Orientations about Coronavirus
How does the pandemic affect activities at the University of São Paulo and USP International Cooperation Office?
*updated on March 30, 2020.
The University of São Paulo is following guidelines of the Brazilian Health Service, and Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Updates are communicated continually to USP Community.
In light of the current developments relating to the spread of the COVID-19 around the world, USP has taken some measures to slow the spreading of the virus and reduce its severity avoiding any risks for the incoming and outgoing students and staff.
Due to outbreaks of COVID-19 on campus, USP President stated that:
- INCOMING. Foreign students should notice that USP has temporarily postponed all academic activities on campus since 17 March 2020: undergraduate, graduate, extra-curricular classes, and cultural activities open to the general public;
- OUTGOING. Academic travels abroad for students, teachers, postdocs and employees are cancelled. About the grants awarded by USP International Cooperation Office, see our communications AUCANI 24/2020 e 27/2020.
- Contingency plans for distance and remote learning are being partially adopted. Furthermore, domestic trips must be avoided. The use of videoconferencing is recommended for meetings.
WE RECOMMEND TO BE FREQUENTLY CONSULTED FOR MORE UPDATED INFORMATION THE USP OFFICIAL WEBSITE ABOUT COVID-19.
Hospital das Clínicas (HC) and Hospital Universitário (HU) can be reached by those who show symptoms.
USP International Cooperation Ofice remains attentive to the worsening of the epidemic and the adoption of temporary and emergency measures against contagion by Covid-19 as well as the guidelines sent by the health authorities and the Rector of the University of São Paulo.
Consequently, the office SUSPENDED in large part its physical activities from March 23rd, 2020 on until further notice and will serve all only by institutional e-mails. The contacts of the technical staff can be found here.
The activities of the Federal Police and the Academic Reception Office have changed:
- About the assistance of the Federal Police, access the official website.
- About the assistance of the Academic Reception Office, we also inform that the appointments made by USP International Cooperation Office are suspended, except in cases of urgency. More information can be requested by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The objective of USP is to safeguard its staff, students and the general public and be assured that health is our utmost priority.