Orientation for disciplines selection
To organize the Study Plan, the exchange student can choose the disciplines in JúpiterWeb following the steps below:
- 1. Go to www.sistemas.usp.br/jupiterweb
- 2. Click on the link Disciplinas
- 3. Next, click on Unidades de Ensino
- 4. Select the School of interest
- 5. Select the link Cursos e habilitações oferecidos pela Unidade
- 6. Select the license of interest
- 7. Choose the discipline of interest, noting the code and its full name
- 8. Check if there is availability in the intended semester
Usually the disciplines that finish in odd numbers are ministered in the first semester (March-July) and the even ones are ministered in the second semester (August-December). For example, a discipline ABC0244 is probably ministered in the second semester of the school year, while a discipline ABC0135 is probably ministered in the first semester. This occurs because most disciplines are offered only at a particular period of the year (either first or second semester).
For the disciplines that are not ministered in formal teaching units (such as the museums and research centers) the student must follow the steps 1, 2, 3 and 4, then click on Disciplinas em ordem alfabética and complete the following steps. In this case, it must be clear that the disciplines not offered in one semester are, in general, offered in the next one. Therefore, the student has to pay attention if the intended discipline “não possui oferecimento” when organizing his/her Study Plan.
Students must access the curriculum of each course in order to avoid confusion between the disciplines offered in the semester when he/she is organizing the Study Plan and the semester when the student will effectively be at USP.