Students benefiting from enrollment on the basis of the diplomatic courtesy policy are exempt from the entrance examination, and USP may accept enrollment under such circumstances as long as the application be sent by Itamaraty and the Secretaria de Educação Superior (SESu. The offer is aimed at:
• Foreign employees (and their dependents) in diplomatic mission or working at a consular post in Brazil;
• Foreign employees (and their dependents) working at international organizations and enjoying privileges within the framework of an agreement with Brazil;
• Foreign technicians (and their dependents) providing services in national territory within the framework of a technical, scientific and technical-cultural cooperation agreement signed between Brazil and their home country, provided that a minimum of one-year stay in Brazil is foreseen in the contract;
• Foreign technicians (and their dependents) working at an international organization and enjoying privileges within the framework of an agreement with Brazil.
Documents required by USP:
- Document sent by the Ministry of Education to USP authorizing the registration on the basis of the diplomatic courtesy policy;
- Dependent ID card (Carteira de dependente) valid for one year;
- Certificate of completion of secondary education (or equivalent) along with a certified translation of the transcripts of records into Portuguese.
- Acceptance of the candidate depends on the USP Teaching Unit.