The Program for Partner Undergraduate Students (PEC-G, the portuguese acronym) is a cooperation program between Brazil and countries in Africa, Latin America and the Caribbean. The goal is to offer young students from these countries the opportunity to undertake their full undergraduate studies at Brazilian universities.
To be eligible for the program, it is necessary to fulfill the following requirements:
- Be a citizen of the developing countries with which Brazil maintains an Educational and Cultural Cooperation Agreement;
- Possess a High School diploma or equivalent;
- Be aged between 18 and 25 years old;
- Possess a Certificate of Proficiency in Portuguese Language (CELPE-Bras), in case of students from non-CPLP countries (Portuguese Speaking Countries Community).
A pre-selection is carried out by the Brazilian Embassy in the candidate’s home country. The selection of students is based on their High School résumé or equivalent and on their financial conditions. For more information, access http://portal.mec.gov.br/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=12276&Itemid=530.
Should a student be selected to take part in the program, he/she must check USP’s Academic Calendar and present the following documents at USP International Office (VRERI) two weeks before the beginning of the semester:
- Cover letter;
- Declaration of commitment;
- Term of Financial Responsibility;
- School Transcript / High School Diploma or equivalent and Birth Certificate (all documents must be duly sealed and recognized by the Brazilian Embassy);
- Medical certificate;
- Passport with a Temporary Student Visa (Type IV);
- Request for Consular Visa;
- One 3×4 ID photo.